WETP Spring 2011 Awardee Meeting and Workshop
May 3 - 5, 2011
Purpose and Scope of the Workshop
The Worker Education and Training Program's (WETP) spring awardee meeting was held on May 3, 2011. The workshop was held May 4-5, 2011. Both meetings took place at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel in Mobile, Alabama.
This meeting examined the training-related Deepwater Horizon Oil response activities (as seen through the eyes of the Worker Education and Training Program, WETP awardees, federal partners, community-based organizations, workers and other stakeholders) and discussed elements of pre-incident and deployment-phase training for support personnel performing cleanup work. In addition, policies to best ensure that workers receive that training (in a language and a literacy level they understand) before being deployed to work were explored.
Click on the links below to view the conference agendas.
Click on the link below to view the WETP Spring 2011 Attendees.
Click on the links below to view the presentations from the Spring Awardee Meeting and Workshop.
Suggested Readings from the Workshop
- Workshop Overview (315 KB)
- Center for Progressive Reform, From Ship to Shore: Reforming the National Contingency Plan to Improve Protections for Oil Spill Cleanup Workers (895 KB)
- Coast Guard, Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Incident Specific Preparedness Review (3.62 MB)
- Louisiana Bucket Brigade, Self-Reported Health and Economic Impact Survey: An Analysis of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster in Four Coastal Louisiana Parishes Report (9.79 MB)
- OSHA, Training Marine Oil Spill Response Workers under OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard
- President's National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Offshore Drilling Final Report
- Sarpy and Associates, Gulf Oil Spill Evaluation (433 KB)
- Zhang, Jing, Honors Thesis on Training in Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill (619 KB)
- Adding and editing courses in the WETP Curricula Catalog (51KB)
- Introduction to the WETP Curricula Catalog (1.2MB)
For more information about this workshop, contact Kerri Moran at the National Clearinghouse at 202-331-7733 or firstname.lastname@example.org.