About the Online Curricula Catalog
The National Clearinghouse's Online Curricula Catalog contains direct access to training curricula produced by the eighteen awardees currently funded by the NIEHS Worker Education and Training Program (WETP).
Since 1987, the WETP has supported the development of curricula and the initiation of training programs throughout the country to help employers meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements under 29 CFR 1910.120, Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). Currently, the WETP supports the development of model worker safety and health training development and delivery in five program areas:
- Hazardous Waste Worker Training Program -- provides model occupational safety and health training for workers who are or may be engaged in activities related to hazardous waste removal, containment, or chemical emergency response.
- Minority Worker Training Program -- focused on delivering comprehensive training to disadvantaged minority inner city young adults in order to prepare them for employment in the fields of environmental restoration and hazardous materials.
- Brownfields Minority Worker Training Program -- broadens the Minority Worker Training Program to provide comprehensive training of disadvantaged residents in communities impacted by Brownfields to foster economic and environmental restoration of their communities.
- DOE Nuclear Weapons Cleanup Training Program -- focused on training workers engaged in environmental restoration, waste treatment, and emergency response activities at sites in the Department of Energy's nuclear weapons complex.
- Hazmat Disaster Preparedness Training Program - enhances the safety and health training of current hazardous materials workers and chemical responders, to train skilled response personnel, to create materials and deliver training to weapons of mass destruction response workers and to augment prevention and preparedness efforts in a wide variety of high risk settings.
Using the search function found on the following page, browsers can search the Online Curricula Catalog by one of the four Program Areas listed above, or by Awardee/Training Provider, Course Subject, Course Title, and Course Language.
Downloading Curricula from the Online Catalog
Users can download curricula material from the online catalog. As you browse through the catalog, you will see that course material is specified as 1) provided by the Clearinghouse; 2) provided by the Awardee, or 3) provided by 'Other Entities.' Only material listed as 'Provided by the Clearinghouse' can be downloaded through our online system. Material provided by the Awardee may be obtained by contacting the individual listed for that particular training organization.
Important Note for Users:
The use of any material from this curricula catalog is for educational purposes only, in support of the Worker Education Training Program's (WETP) goal of increasing worker health and safety. Copyright marks cannot be removed from any material in this curricula catalog. All curricula in this curricula catalog must be used in its entirety.
If you have any questions about the online curricula catalog, please contact the National Clearinghouse at 202-331-7733, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.