October 24 – 25, 2019
The workshop is designed to guide research directions that take advantage of human Tissue Chip platforms for assessing biocompatibility, immunogenicity, and biotoxicity of biomaterials for research and clinical application in tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, oncology, dentistry, cardiology, drug screening, and other areas. Among the priority discussion topics are the design and validation of Tissue Chip platforms for assessing biomaterial properties, and application of Tissue Chip platforms in predicting in vivo responses of tissues and organs to biomaterials.
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
1919 Conneticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Seating is limited for this meeting, so please register early. Registration will close Monday, October 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EDT or when capacity is reached, whichever comes first.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andrés Garcia, Georgia Tech
- Buddy Ratner, University of Washington
- Christopher Chen, Boston University
- Dan Huh, University of Pennsylvania
- David Kaplan, Tufts University
- Fan Yang, Stanford University
- Helen Lu, Columbia University
- Kevin Healy, University of California, Berkeley
- Sharon Gerecht, The Johns Hopkins University
- John Wikswo, Vanderbilt University
- Milica Radisic, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Columbia University
- Carmem Pfeifer, Oregon Health and Science University
We have secured a limited block of rooms at the Washington Hilton. Please visit the accommodations page for additional information.
American Disabilities Act Accommodations Requests
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodation to participate in these events should contact Amy Acosta at voice telephone: 919-794-4703. TTY users should contact the Federal TTY Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Requests should be made at least 5 business days in advance of the event.
For questions that can't be answered by the content of this website, please contact Les Reinlib at 984-287-3310.
For logistical questions, please contact Amy Acosta at 919-794-4703.