Superfund Research Program
Administrative Core - Research Translation
Research Translation Coordinator: Stacey L. Harper
Grant Number: P42ES016465
Funding Period: 2020-2025
- Project Summary
Project Summary (2020-2025)
Note: As of the most recent reissue of the Superfund Hazardous Substance Research and Training Program Request for Applications (RFA-ES-18-002), research translation in these multiproject center grants is now part of the Administrative Core. The research translation efforts are now facilitated by the Administrative Core and led by the Research Translation Coordinator.
The overarching goal of the Center’s research translation effort is to maximize the societal impact of the Center’s research. They aim to transform the practice of research translation by co-producing actionable knowledge with government agencies. Their novel approach draws upon four sources: the tradition of community-based participatory research from public health, the tradition of knowledge-to-action networks from sustainability science, the emerging science of team science, and their copious experience conducting joint research with stakeholders.
The Administrative Core is facilitating research translation by:
- Optimizing communications within the OSU SRP, with other SRP Centers, and with SRP staff.
- Managing partnerships with government agencies.
- Stimulating and overseeing technology transfer to commercial entities.
- Disseminating information and tools to other stakeholders.
The Administrative Core manages cross-sectoral, stakeholder-driven translational research projects to achieve two goals:
- Create science-based decision support that stakeholders will apply to improve environmental public health.
- Cultivate long-lasting relationships that break down barriers between scientists and stakeholders, open rich channels of communication, create an enduring scientist-stakeholder community, and build the environmental health literacy of stakeholders by teaching them where they can find state-of-the-art environmental health science information on demand.