Curricula Catalog Course Details
Course Title: Mold Awareness and Inspection
Type of Course: Environmental Technician
Description: The course provides participants an opportunity to learn basic skills and knowledge about identifying and inspecting for mold and mildew found in buildings. An understanding of the effects of mold growth and the types of conditions that lead to mold growth will allow the participant to recognize existing mold problems and to take appropriate steps for remediation. Recognition of conditions for mold growth is presented through illustrated lectures and discussion.
Training Provider: KIRKWOOD COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Instructor Qualifications: For classroom components, one instructor is required who has completed HMTRI's GreatEST train-the-trainer or equivalent and who possess knowledge and experience in the areas of emergency response operations and mitigation, health and safety, toxicology, industrial hygiene, OSHA and EPA regulations. For hands-on training a ratio of one instructor for every five students using PPE and respiratory protection must be maintained. One instructor should be certified in first aid and CPR.
Open enrollment: Yes
Delivery Method: Classroom-based
Course Hours: 2-4
Intended Audience: Business and industry that deal with indoor air quality, building contractors, building inspectors and public works employees.
Caveats: The material was prepared for use by experienced instructors, educated in adult education and training methods and who have completed HMTRI's 99 hour Great Environmental Safety Trainer (GreatEST) program. The text for this program was prepared for English speaking students with a minimum of a 9th grade reading level. To complete the respiratory protection and PPE activities the participant must be physically capable of wearing a respirator.
Special Instructions: Each participant must complete the evaluation to obtain credit for this course.
Partnership for Environmental Technology Education
Com College Consortium for Health & Safety Trng
Kirkwood Boulevard, SW, PO Box 2068
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
Phone: 319-398-5899, ext. 5027
Mold Awareness ( Manual , 2002 , 79 pages )
- appendixadoc.pdf(66KB) 08/26/2003
- appendixbdoc.pdf(65KB) 08/26/2003
- appendixcdoc.pdf(36KB) 08/26/2003
- appendixddoc.pdf(22KB) 08/26/2003
- appendixedoc.pdf(49KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport1doc.pdf(109KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport2doc.pdf(95KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport3doc.pdf(84KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport4doc.pdf(33KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport5doc.pdf(59KB) 08/26/2003
- labreport6doc.pdf(42KB) 08/26/2003
- moldlinksdoc.pdf(169KB) 08/26/2003
- moldmildewppt.pdf(1.4MB) 08/26/2003
- moldprimerdoc.pdf(135KB) 08/26/2003
- mold_and_mildew_awareness.ppt(1.0MB) 10/03/2007
- mold_manual.pdf(426KB) 10/03/2007
- mold_quiz.pdf(18KB) 10/03/2007
- stachybotrosdoc.pdf(54KB) 08/26/2003