Superfund Research Program
Kurt RanderathOne Baylor Plaza
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, Texas 77030
- Texas A&M University: Genotoxicity (1995 - 2000)
- Randerath K, Zhou GD, Somers RL, Robbins JH, Brooks PJ. 2001. A 32P-postlabeling assay for the oxidative DNA lesion 8,5'-cyclo-2'-deoxyadenosine in mammalian tissues: evidence that four type II I-compounds are dinucleotides containing the lesion in the 3' nucleotide. J Biol Chem 276(38):36051-36057. doi:10.1074/jbc.M105472200 PMID:11454870
- Zhou GD, Hernandez NS, Randerath E, Randerath K. 2000. Effects of different diets and dietary restriction on perinatal endogenous DNA adducts. Time dependence of oxidative and presumptive nonoxidative lesions. Mutat Res 447:137-147. PMID:10751597
- Chung F, Nath RG, Nagao M, Nishikawa A, Zhou GD, Randerath K. 1999. Endogenous formation and significance of 1,N2-propanodeoxyguanosine adducts. Mutat Res 424(1-2):71-81. PMID:10064851
- Randerath K, Randerath E, Zhou GD, Li D. 1999. Bulky endogenous DNA modifications (I-compounds) - possible structural origins and functional implications. Mutat Res 424:183-194. PMID:10064860
- Randerath K, Randerath E, Zhou GD, Supungpong N, He L, McDonald TJ, Donnelly KC. 1999. Genotoxicity of complex PAH mixtures recovered from contaminated lake sediments as assessed by three different methods. Environ Mol Mutagen 33:303-312. PMID:10398378
- Zhou GD, Hernandez NS, Randerath E, Randerath K. 1999. Acute elevation by short-term dietary restriction or food deprivation of type I I-compound levels in rat liver DNA. Nutr Cancer 35:87-95. PMID:10624711
- Randerath K, Sriram P, Moorthy B, Aston JP, Baan R, Van den Berg PT, Booth ED, Watson WP. 1998. Comparison of immunoaffinity chromatography enrichment and nuclease P1 procedures for 32P-postlabelling analysis of PAH-DNA adducts. Chem Biol Interact 110(1-2):85-102. PMID:9566727
- Willett KL, Randerath K, Zhou GD, Safe SH. 1998. Inhibition of CYP1A1-dependent activity by the polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) fluoranthene. Biochem Pharmacol 55:831-839. PMID:9586956
- Moorthy B, Sriram P, Randerath E, Randerath K. 1997. Effects of cytochrome P450 inducers on tamoxifen genotoxicity in female mice in vivo. Biochem Pharmacol 53:663-669. PMID:9113085
- Randerath E, Zhou GD, Randerath K. 1997. Organ-specific oxidative DNA damage associated with normal birth in rats. Carcinogenesis 17:2564-2570. PMID:9006090
- Randerath K, Zhou GD, Monk SA, Randerath E. 1997. Enhanced levels in neonatal rat liver of 7,8-dihydro-8-oxo-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine), a major mutagenic oxidative DNA lesion. Carcinogenesis 18:1419-1421. PMID:9230290
- Randerath K, Zhou GD, Randerath E, Safe SH, Donnelly KC. 1997. Comparative [32P]-postlabeling analysis of exogenous and endogenous DNA adducts in mouse skin exposed to a wood-preserving waste extract, a complex mixture of polycyclic and polychlorinated chemicals. Environ Mol Mutagen 29(4):372-378. PMID:9212788
- De Flora S, Izzotti A, Randerath K, Randerath E, Bartsch H, Nair J, Balansky R, Van Schooten F, Degan P, Fronza G, Walsh D, Lewtas J. 1996. DNA adducts and chronic degenerative diseases. Pathogenetic relevance and implications in preventive medicine. Mutat Res 366:197-238. PMID:9033668
- Moorthy B, Randerath K. 1996. Pentachlorophenol enhances 9-hydroxybenzo(a)pyrene-induced hepatic DNA adduct formation in vivo and inhibits microsomal epoxide hydrolase and glutathione S-transferase activities in vitro: likely inhibition of epoxide detoxication by pentachlorophenol. Arch Toxicol 70(11):696-703. PMID:8896715
- Randerath E, Zhou GD, Donnelly KC, Safe SH, Randerath K. 1996. DNA damage induced in mouse tissues by organic wood preserving waste extracts as assayed by 32P-postlabeling. Arch Toxicol 70(11):683-695. PMID:8896714
- Randerath K, Randerath E, Smith CV, Chang J. 1996. Structural origins of bulky oxidative DNA adducts (Type II I-compounds) as deduced by oxidation of oligonucleotides of known sequence. Chem Res Toxicol 9:247-254. PMID:8924599
- Donnelly KC, Safe SH, Randerath K. 1995. Bioassay-based risk assessment of complex mixtures. J Hazard Mater 41:341-350.
- Moorthy B, Liehr JG, Randerath E, Randerath K. 1995. Evidence from [32P]-postlabeling and the use of pentachlorophenol for a novel metabolic activation pathway of diethyl stilbestrol and its dimethylether in mouse liver: likely " alpha-hydroxylation of ethyl group(s) followed by sulfate conjugation. Carcinogenesis 16(11):2643-2648.
- Moorthy B, Sriram P, Randerath K. 1995. Effects of a single dose of the cytochrome P450 inducer, $-naphthoflavone, on hepatic and renal covalent DNA modifications (I-compounds). Toxicology 104:165-177. PMID:8560495
- Randerath E, Watson WP, Zhou GD, Chang J, Randerath K. 1995. Intensification and depletion of specific bulky renal DNA adducts (I-compounds) following exposure of male F344 rats to the renal carcinogen ferric nitrilotriacetate (Fe-NTA). Mutat Res 341:265-279. PMID:7531286
- Randerath E, Zhou GD, Hart RW, Randerath K. 1995. Age-dependent indigenous covalent DNA modifications (I-compounds). In: Implications for the Design and Interpretation of Toxicity and Carcinogenicity Studies. ILSI Press, Washington, DC. pp.229-244.
- Randerath K, Chang J, Randerath E. 1995. Age-dependent DNA modifications (I-compounds). In: Effects of Carcinogenesis and Oxidative Stress. Birkhuser Verlag, Basel, Switzerland. pp.77-87.
- Randerath K, Randerath E, Filburn C. 1995. Genomic and mitochondrial DNA alterations with aging. In: Handbook of the Biology of Aging, 4th Edition. Academic Press, NY.
- Vulimiri SV, Gupta MS, Smith CV, Moorthy B, Randerath K. 1995. Rapid decreases in indigenous covalent DNA modifications (I-compounds) in male Fischer 344 ra liver DNA by diquat treatment. Chem Biol Interact 95:1-16. PMID:7697743