Awardee Meeting: Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Workshop: Wednesday - Thursday, October 18 – 19, 2023
Building 101, Rodbell Auditorium
111 TW Alexander Drive
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina is accessible via the Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU). You will need to take a cab from RDU airport to either NIEHS or to the hotel, or plan to rent your own car.
The NIEHS shuttle bus is not running at this time. You are encouraged to rent a car, carpool with others, or take a cab/ride share.
Visiting the NIEHS Campus
Please visit the Visiting NIEHS page for the most up to date information.
Security on the NIEHS Campus Please have your photo ID ready when you arrive. Since this meeting is being held on the NIEHS campus, everyone needs their photo ID to check in with security. We will give everyone's name to NIEHS Security to facilitate this process. If you have a federal employee ID badge, please be sure to bring it with you as this will speed up the security process for you.
You will need to walk through a metal detector and any bags you bring will be run through an x-ray scanner. We suggest you treat it like an airport and bring as little with you as possible. It could be a slow process; your patience is appreciated.
Parking at NIEHS If you are driving, there is plenty of parking at NIEHS. Directional signs to NIEHS will be posted. Upon arriving at EPA/NIEHS you will pass through a security check point. The guards will direct you to the NIEHS visitor/staff parking lot.
Breakfast, Lunch and Coffee Breaks The NIEHS Cafeteria is closed until further notice. No meals are provided during the Awardee Meeting or the Workshop, but we have scheduled a 90-minute lunch break for you on Wednesday. You are encouraged to stay on campus to avoid having to go through security again. Please be mindful that no food or beverages are allowed in the auditorium and plan accordingly.
- Coffee: You’ll want to grab a cup on your way to campus and bring your coffee with you!
- Food Delivery:
- Lunchdrop: NIEHS is offering the food delivery service “Lunchdrop” on campus. There is no order minimum, no menu markup, and deliveries are contactless. You must place your order by 10:30 a.m. and they will deliver between 12:00-12:30 p.m. You’ll receive an automated message from Lunchdrop when your order has been delivered. You must set up a Lunchdrop account and link a credit card to order food. The first lunch order for new users will be 50% off.
- Set up pickup at NIEHS Main Campus/Rall: https://raleigh.lunchdrop.com/ds/8fnqxt
- Look for the Lunchdrop signage and shelving in the lobby to pick up your order. This location is subject to change based on volume.
- Uber Eats/Door Dash/Etc.: Food delivery through any of these services is allowed, but you must tell the security desk your delivery driver’s name so that they will be allowed on campus and you will need to provide your cell phone number so security can alert you when the driver has arrived on campus.
- Vending machines: Building 101 has limited vending machine options that accept either cash or credit cards.
- Nearby restaurants: We’ve gathered a list of nearby quick service restaurants. Most are a 10-minute drive from the NIEHS campus. Be sure to allow yourself plenty of time to park and get through security if you choose to leave campus. A limited number of paper copies of this list will be available at registration.
Internet connectivity at NIEHS NIEHS offers free wireless internet for visitors.
Meeting Room Temperature Meeting rooms tend to be chilly. Please dress accordingly.
For logistical questions, please contact Kerri Voelker at 919-794-4710 or email@example.com.