Awardee Meeting: Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Workshop: Wednesday and Thursday, October 20-21, 2021
Virtual meeting via ZoomGov
Awardee Meeting Details
The NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) Awardee Meeting will be held the afternoon of Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (Eastern time). It is tentatively scheduled for 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Purpose of the Awardee Meeting
The semi-annual WTP Awardee Meeting brings awardees together to provide program updates, exchange information regarding training, and discover new areas of interest to awardees.
Justice40/Environmental Justice Stakeholder Engagement Meeting
At the conclusion of the WTP Awardee Meeting on Tuesday, October 19, we will convene a public Justice40/Environmental Justice Stakeholder Engagement Meeting from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. EDT.
The purpose of the meeting is two-fold:
- To share information about the Justice40 Initiative and also one of the pilot programs covered under the initiative – the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) Environmental Career Worker Training Program (ECWTP).
- To solicit your feedback and suggestions on how to enhance the program's effectiveness.
Please consider attending this event so that we can develop a more robust workforce development model to conduct environmental and construction-related training for disadvantaged and underserved populations throughout the United States.
WTP Workshop Details
The Fall WTP Technical Workshop will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, October 20-21, 2021. The workshop is tentatively scheduled from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT both days.
Purpose and Scope of the Workshop
Partnerships ensure the longevity and success of WTP efforts at a local and national scale. The fall workshop will consider elements that are integral to forming successful partnerships among WTP stakeholders, including grantee organizations, community-based organizations, and state and federal agencies. While partnerships may take various forms, they require an understanding of expectations and formulating negotiations that will result in mutual benefits. The workshop will address these topics, along with other issues related to building and sustaining partnerships. Workshop participants will have an opportunity to learn about the strengths and needs of others within the WTP network. Participants will leave with a better understanding of communication, evaluation, and other strategies needed to enhance their partnerships.
Virtual meeting via ZoomGov Meeting.
We encourage all awardee programs to invite your subawardees and partners to participate since there are no travel requirements for this meeting.
After registering, you will receive the ZoomGov links in your confirmation email. Please be sure to add these to your calendar!
- Final Awardee Meeting Agenda(154KB)
- Justice40/Environmental Justice Stakeholder Engagement Meeting Agenda(160KB)
- Final Workshop Agenda(625KB)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Forging Partnerships to Eliminate Tuberculosis
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Fundamentals of Evaluating Partnerships
- Community Community Health Partnerships: Tools and Information for Development & Support
- Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH) Evaluation Metrics Manual
- The Center for Construction Research and Training (CPWR) Construction Research to Practice (r2p) Partnership Toolkit
- Talking to Humans
Simultaneous Interpretation Available
Simultaneous interpretation (English and Spanish) will be available during the workshop (Wednesday and Thursday).
American Disabilities Act Accommodation Requests
Individuals with disabilities who need accommodation to participate in these events should contact Whitney Freberg at voice telephone: 919-794-4706 or email: email@example.com. TTY users should contact the Federal TTY Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Requests should be made at least 5 business days in advance of the event.
Please contact Whitney Freberg at 919-794-4706 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.