About the Online Curricula Catalog
The National Clearinghouse Online Curricula Catalog provides access to training curricula produced by organizations funded by the NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP).
Since 1987, the WTP has supported the development of curricula and the initiation of training programs throughout the country to help employers meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements under the Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) standard (CFR 1910.120). The WTP supports the development of model worker safety and health training in the following program areas:
- The Hazardous Waste Worker Training Program (HWWT) provides model occupational safety and health training for workers who are or may be engaged in activities related to hazardous waste removal, containment, or chemical emergency response.
- The NIEHS/DOE Nuclear Worker Training Program (DOE) focuses on training workers engaged in environmental restoration, waste treatment, and emergency response activities at sites in the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) nuclear weapons complex.
- The Environmental Career Worker Training Program (ECWT) focuses on delivering comprehensive training to increase the number of disadvantaged and underrepresented minority workers in areas such as environmental restoration, construction, hazardous materials/waste handling, and emergency response. The NIEHS/U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Brownfields Minority Worker Training Program (BMWT) ended in 2008, and a specific Brownfields training component has been incorporated into this program.
- The HAZMAT Disaster Preparedness Training Program (HDPT) supports the development and delivery of disaster-specific training to prepare workers to respond to natural disasters and possible future terrorist incidents involving weapons of mass destruction.
- The Ebola Biosafety and Infectious Disease Response Training Program (IDRT) supports the development and implementation of occupational safety and health and infection control training programs for workers in health care and non-health care settings who may be at risk of exposure to infectious diseases.
Browsers can search the online curricula catalog by program area, grantee/training provider, course category, and course language.
Downloading Curricula from the Online Catalog
Many of the courses listed in the online curricula catalog have associated course materials available for download. You may download these materials by clicking on the links provided at the bottom of the course page. If a course does not have any material available for download, please contact the training provider listed on the course page to request a copy.
Important Note for Users:
Material downloaded from the online curricula catalog may be used for educational purposes only, in support of the WTP’s goal of increasing worker health and safety. The use of material from this catalog for non-classroom or for purely commercial purposes is not allowed. Copyright marks cannot be removed from any material downloaded from the online curricula catalog. All curricula downloaded from the catalog must be used in its entirety.
If you have any questions about the online curricula catalog, please contact the National Clearinghouse at 202-331-7733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.