Technical Topics Related to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, the NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) has been conducting webinars and presentations on technical topics related to COVID-19 with a focus on protecting workers who may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Essential Workers Train-the-Trainer (April 23, 2020)
The University of Maryland Medical Center Experience (April 15, 2020)
- Best Practices in Protecting Health Care Workers from Exposure to SARSCoV-2(879KB) Jim Chang
- Elastomeric Respirators in Healthcare: Lessons Learned and Adaptation for COVID-19(1.3MB) Stella E Hines, M.D.
- Tracking Employee Exposures to COVID-19(1.3MB) Marianne Cloeren, M.D.
Exposure Prevention for COVID-19 Essential Workers (April 1, 2020)
- Protection of Health Care and Other Essential Workers During COVID-19 Response(2.5MB) Chip Hughes
- COVID-19 Routes of Transmission and Implications for Worker Protection(1.1MB) Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D.
- Pandemic Extended Use and Reuse of N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators(2.9MB) Shawn Gibbs, Ph.D.
- Preventing Mucocutaneous Exposures: PPE and Face Protection(1.3MB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H.
- Essentials of COVID Occupational Health Management(352KB) Robert Harrison, M.D.
COVID-19 Train-the-Trainer (March 26, 2020)
- Online Train-the-Trainer Review and Discussion of the Training Tool(2.8MB) Jonathan Rosen
- National COSH COVID-19 Training(1MB) Peter Dooley
- Consolidated Report Back from Breakout and Small Group Discussions (morning session)(160KB)
- Using Web Conferences for Training(470KB) Mitch Rosen, Ph.D.
- Consolidated Report Back from Breakout and Small Group Discussions (afternoon session)(157KB)
- Technology Tips for Virtual Meetings and Interactive Online Sessions(171KB)
Week in Review Webinars
Week in Review (April 24, 2020)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center COVID-19 Training Resources
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Ethics Advisory Committee
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Meat Processing Facility COVID-19 Playbook
Week in Review (April 17, 2020)
- Realigning Conventional Routes of Transmission; Occupational Exposure(498KB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H. and Christopher Brown
Week In Review (April 10, 2020)
- Updates on SARS-coV-2 Testing, Vaccines, and Treatment(515KB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H.
- COVID-19 Exposure Reduction and Control Banding(202KB) Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D.
- MassCOSH’s COVID-19 Toolkit for Essential Workers
- Lear’s Safe Work Playbook: An Interactive Guide for COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness and Response
Week In Review (April 3, 2020)
- Data and Analysis on COVID-19 Virtual Training(422KB) Eric Persaud, Dr.P.H.(c)
- Update on Spanish COVID-19 Train-the-Trainer(1.6MB) Arturo Archila
- How We Move Forward: The Conversation as the Ground Shifts From Moment to Moment(293KB) Darryl Alexander
Week in Review (March 27, 2020)
Protecting Infectious Disease Responders During the COVID-19 Outbreak Workshop
Emory University Woodruff Health Sciences Center, in conjunction with the NIEHS WTP, sponsored a workshop on Protecting Infectious Disease Responders During the COVID-19 Outbreak on March 17, 2020. Presentations can be found on the workshop page.