Technical Topics Related to COVID-19
In response to COVID-19, the NIEHS Worker Training Program (WTP) has been conducting webinars and presentations on technical topics related to COVID-19 with a focus on protecting workers who may be at risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Training Best Practices in the Time of Covid-19 Webinar Series: Tools for Creative Engagement on Virtual Platforms (September 10, 2020)
- Introduction: Tools for Creative Engagement on Virtual Platforms(2.4MB) Demia Wright
- Incorporating Hands-On Activities During Virtual Training(1.5MB) Kevin Riley, PhD
- Showing and Sharing: Demonstrating Equipment-Based Training Online(945KB) Lois Harrison
- Using Platform Tools in New Ways to Engage Environmental Career Worker Training (ECWT) Audience(149KB) Yodit Semu
Training Best Practices in the Time of Covid-19 Webinar Series: Setting-up Online Training – Practices & Platforms (September 3, 2020)
- Introduction: Setting-up Online Training(3.0MB) Demia Wright
- National Day Laborer Organizing Network(3.5MB) Debora Gonzales
Ethics for Safety and Health Professionals (August 26, 2020)
- Ethics for Safety and Health Professionals(3.3MB) Joy Erdman
- Ethics for Safety and Health Professionals(2.2MB) Bruce Lippy, PhD
- COVID 19 Health and Safety Ethical Challenges in Academia(83KB) L. Faye Grimsley, PhD
- Ethics for Safety and Health Professionals: International Brotherhood of Teamsters(870KB) Lamont Byrd
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Focus on Construction Health: COVID-19
Ethical Issues around Contact Tracing/Testing in the Workplace (August 19, 2020)
- COVID-19 And Occupational Health: Law, Ethics, And Science(1.8 MB) Mark A. Rothstein, J.D.
- Structural Obstacles to Contact Tracing During the COVID-19 Pandemic(4.8MB) Seema Mohapatra, J.D.
Workplace Outbreak Investigation, Contact Tracing, and Testing: Intersection between Occupational & Public Health (August 5, 2020)
- Public Health Surveillance System for tracking and preventing transmission of COVID-19(722KB) Letitia Davis, ScD
- Workers: Essential and Vulnerable COVID-19(2.3MB) Amy K. Liebman
Ethical Considerations Regarding Meat Processing Plant Operations, Worker Safety, and Community Welfare (July 22, 2020)
- COVID-19 and Meat Processing: Background and Technical Assistance(1.7MB) Jocelyn Herstein, PhD
- Concerns and perceptions of COVID-19 among meatpacking plant workers(2.2MB) Athena Ramos, PhD
- Ethical Considerations Regarding Meat Processing Plant Operations, Worker Safety, and Community Welfare(2.1MB) Kelly Dineen, PhD
Introduction to Ethical Issues around COVID-19 and Work (July 8, 2020)
- Public Health Ethics(1.8MB) Matt Wynia, MD
- Association of Occupational and Environmental Clinics(84KB) Kathy Kirkland, DrPH
- Normalizing Lies: Ethics and Protecting Workers from COVID-19(84KB) David Michaels, PhD
Minimizing Workplace Exposures Through Design and Engineering Controls (July 1, 2020)
- Engineering Controls for SARS Cov-2 in the Transportation Sector(4.8MB) Andrew Comai
- Mitigating the Spread of COVID19 in the Workplace An Architect’s Perspective(4.3MB) Andrew Harte
- Overview of NIOSH Engineering and Ventilation COVID-19 Guidance(213KB) CAPT Duane Hammond
- Prevention through Design in the 2020 Workplace(2.0MB) Jonathan A. Bach
- Role of Engineering Controls for COVID-19(1.1MB) Lisa M Brosseau, ScD
- The COVID-19 Pandemic and Biohazard Containment(3.5MB) Brian Sherlock
Essential Workers Train-the-Trainer (April 23, 2020)
The University of Maryland Medical Center Experience (April 15, 2020)
- Best Practices in Protecting Health Care Workers from Exposure to SARSCoV-2(879KB) Jim Chang
- Elastomeric Respirators in Healthcare: Lessons Learned and Adaptation for COVID-19(1.3MB) Stella E Hines, M.D.
- Tracking Employee Exposures to COVID-19(1.3MB) Marianne Cloeren, M.D.
Exposure Prevention for COVID-19 Essential Workers (April 1, 2020)
- Protection of Health Care and Other Essential Workers During COVID-19 Response(2.5MB) Chip Hughes
- COVID-19 Routes of Transmission and Implications for Worker Protection(1.1MB) Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D.
- Pandemic Extended Use and Reuse of N95 Filtering Facepiece Respirators(2.9MB) Shawn Gibbs, Ph.D.
- Preventing Mucocutaneous Exposures: PPE and Face Protection(1.3MB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H.
- Essentials of COVID Occupational Health Management(352KB) Robert Harrison, M.D.
COVID-19 Train-the-Trainer (March 26, 2020)
- Online Train-the-Trainer Review and Discussion of the Training Tool(2.8MB) Jonathan Rosen
- National COSH COVID-19 Training(1MB) Peter Dooley
- Consolidated Report Back from Breakout and Small Group Discussions (morning session)(160KB)
- Using Web Conferences for Training(470KB) Mitch Rosen, Ph.D.
- Consolidated Report Back from Breakout and Small Group Discussions (afternoon session)(157KB)
- Technology Tips for Virtual Meetings and Interactive Online Sessions(171KB)
Week in Review Webinars
Week in Review (June 26, 2020)
Week in Review (June 12, 2020)
- Environmental Justice(13.8MB) Payton Wilkins
- How Systemic Racism Is Stamped in America, Robert Bullard, PhD
Week in Review (April 24, 2020)
- University of Nebraska Medical Center COVID-19 Training Resources
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Ethics Advisory Committee
- University of Nebraska Medical Center Meat Processing Facility COVID-19 Playbook
Week in Review (April 17, 2020)
- Realigning Conventional Routes of Transmission; Occupational Exposure(498KB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H. and Christopher Brown
Week In Review (April 10, 2020)
- Updates on SARS-coV-2 Testing, Vaccines, and Treatment(515KB) Amber Mitchell, Dr.P.H.
- COVID-19 Exposure Reduction and Control Banding(202KB) Lisa Brosseau, Sc.D.
- MassCOSH’s COVID-19 Toolkit for Essential Workers
- Lear’s Safe Work Playbook: An Interactive Guide for COVID-19 Pandemic Preparedness and Response
Week In Review (April 3, 2020)
- Data and Analysis on COVID-19 Virtual Training(422KB) Eric Persaud, Dr.P.H.(c)
- Update on Spanish COVID-19 Train-the-Trainer(1.6MB) Arturo Archila
- How We Move Forward: The Conversation as the Ground Shifts From Moment to Moment(293KB) Darryl Alexander
Week in Review (March 27, 2020)
Protecting Infectious Disease Responders During the COVID-19 Outbreak Workshop
Emory University Woodruff Health Sciences Center, in conjunction with the NIEHS WTP, sponsored a workshop on Protecting Infectious Disease Responders During the COVID-19 Outbreak on March 17, 2020. Presentations can be found on the workshop page.