Worker Training Program
Each year, the Worker Training Program (WTP) holds technical webinars, meetings, and workshops. These events address scientific, administrative, and regulatory issues related to training workers who work with and clean up hazardous materials and who respond to emergencies involving hazardous substances, including viruses like SARS-CoV-2.
Occupational COVID Prevention and Control in Schools Webinar Thursday, December 2, 2021 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. EST Event registration: coming soon! Simultaneous interpretation from English to Spanish will be provided
Workers providing services in preK-12 schools, technical schools, colleges, and universities are faced with environments that put them in proximity with other workers, students, visitors, and parents. These circumstances, matched with a lack of a clear national strategy and standards for protection, put workers at risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
This webinar will provide a scientific basis for recommendations and guidance for preventing exposure to infectious agents, showcase model programs, and address ongoing challenges with proper ventilation, distancing, masking, and vaccine uptake. The panel will include NIEHS WTP grantees and national leaders that represent teachers’ unions, university-based program leads, and occupational health professionals that have built successful programs while being up against remarkable challenges.
- Describe current recommendations for occupational infection prevention and control (IPC) of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases in schools.
- Define and showcase elements of school-based IPC programs.
- Identify ongoing challenges with universal masking and vaccine uptake for both workers and students.
- Illustrate how addressing the current COVID-19 pandemic can impact future infectious disease threats.
Past Webinars Click here to view recordings of previous COVID webinars.
EJ and Natural Disasters/COVID-19 Virtual Town Hall Meetings
The Town Hall series is over, but you can still access the event websites.
Upcoming Awardee Webinars
Monthly WTP Awardee Update: November Monday, November 8, 2021 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST Event registration: ZoomGov link
Monthly WTP Awardee Update: December Monday, December 13, 2021 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. EST Event registration: ZoomGov link
Upcoming Workshops and Awardee Meetings
Fall 2021 WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop October 19-21, 2021 Topic: Advancing Partnerships to Improve Worker Health and Safety
Spring 2022 WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop May 17-19, 2022 Virtual Topic: to be announced
- Spring 2021 WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop
- Fall 2020 WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop
- Spring 2020 WTP Awardee Meeting and Emory/NIEHS Workshop
- Spring 2019 WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop
- Fall 2018 Awardee Meeting and Opioid-Related Hazards in the Workplace Workshop
- Spring 2018 WTP Awardee Meeting and National Trainers’ Exchange