Meetings & Workshops
Worker Training Program
Each year, the Worker Training Program (WTP) holds technical meetings and workshops. These meetings address scientific, administrative, and regulatory issues related to training workers who work with and clean up hazardous materials and who respond to emergencies involving hazardous substances.
- September 19 – 21, 2016: Fall Awardee Meeting & Workshop, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Topics: Infectious disease and biosafety.
- December 6 – 8, 2016: NIEHS 50th Anniversary Environmental Health Science (EHS) Facilities, Engagement, Science and Training (FEST), Durham, NC
- March 29 – 30, 2017: 2017 Spring WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop, San Juan, Puerto Rico. Topic: Best Practices for Using Technology in Training (March 28, Tour and Community Forum with Dr. Birnbaum)
- October 16 – 18, 2017: 2017 Fall WTP Awardee Meeting and Workshop, Research Triangle Park, NC. Topic: Minimum Criteria Review/Update
Past workshops topics include:
- 2016 Spring Workshop\Awardee Meeting and Disaster Research Response (DR2) Exercise
- 2016 DOE/NIEHS Trainers’ Exchange
- Setting the Stage for the Worker Training Program 2015-2020
- HHS Climate Justice Conference
- Protecting Workers from Hazardous Chemical Exposures through Training
- 2015 HAMMER/NTC Training Event in conjunction with the NIEHS Worker Trainers’ Exchange
- Deepwater Horizon Lessons Learned Workshop: Improving Safety and Health for Disaster Cleanup Workers