Meetings & Workshops
Worker Training Program
Each year, the Worker Training Program (WTP) holds technical meetings and workshops. These meetings address scientific, administrative, and regulatory issues related to training workers who work with and clean up hazardous materials and who respond to emergencies involving hazardous substances.
- June 7 – 9, 2016: DOE/NIEHS Trainers’ Exchange, at the DOE National Training Center in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- July 18 – 20, 2016: "Spring" Awardee Meeting, Workshop, and Disaster Research Response (DR2) Exercise, Boston, Massachusetts. Topics: environmental and occupational safety and health contributions to NIEHS in support of NIEHS' 50th anniversary.
- September 19 – 21, 2016: Fall Awardee Meeting & Workshop, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Topics: Infectious disease and biosafety.
- December 6 – 8, 2016: NIEHS 50th Anniversary Environmental Health Science (EHS) Facilities, Engagement, Science and Training (FEST), Durham, NC
Past workshops topics include:
- Setting the Stage for the Worker Training Program 2015-2020
- HHS Climate Justice Conference
- Protecting Workers from Hazardous Chemical Exposures through Training
- 2015 HAMMER/NTC Training Event in conjunction with the NIEHS Worker Trainers’ Exchange
- Deepwater Horizon Lessons Learned Workshop: Improving Safety and Health for Disaster Cleanup Workers