Superfund Research Program
- 279 - Developing Training and Education for Emerging Technologies -- Raynor, Brisolara, Geltman, Herrick
Release Date: 03/07/2018
The Superfund Research Program (SRP) Occupational and Safety Training Education Programs on Emerging Technologies (R25) grants are awarded to institutes of higher education to support activities that complement or enhance workforce training that meets the nation's biomedical, behavioral, and clinical research needs. This includes the development of educational activities, curricula, tools, and methods for industrial hygienists and graduate students involved in the research, evaluation, management, and handling of hazardous substances.
- 242 - Assessing and Reducing Health Risks from Arsenic in Private Well Water -- Zheng
Release Date: 02/04/2015
We are at a crossroads when it comes to reducing the risk of adverse health outcomes from arsenic in private well water in the United States, according to Yan Zheng, Ph.D., professor at the City University of New York and community engagement leader at the Columbia University Superfund Research Program (CU SRP), and Joseph Ayotte, P.G., a U.S. Geological Survey hydrologist. They claim we have a better understanding of factors influencing arsenic occurrence in well water and its health effects, but little knowledge about what actions households with private wells have taken to reduce arsenic exposure and the reasons for taking those actions.
- 200 - Celebrating a Significant Milestone in Research Dissemination -- Avakian
Release Date: 08/03/2011
Remember when email was cutting-edge? SRP's Research Briefs have been reaching readers around the globe since those early days. We celebrate the 200th brief with a look at how SRP's science communication has evolved over nearly 15 years.
- 151 - The Dartmouth Community Outreach Core Facilitates Change in New Hampshire Lead Laws -- Serrell, Fleishman
Release Date: 07/03/2007
- 107 - Outreach to Mexico -- Gandolfi
Release Date: 11/05/2003