Superfund Research Program
Organohalogen Compounds (67 articles)
- Howard G, Schlezinger JJ, Webster TF. 2007. Interactions of TCDD with AhR partial agonists and a competitive antagonist: implications for TEFs. Organohalogen Compounds 69:1065-1068.
- Denison MS, Khan EM, Sorrentino C, Zhao B. 2006. Enhanced CALUX and CAFLUX cell bioassay responses through intracellular signaling pathways and incubation temperature. Organohalogen Compounds 68:1265-1268.
- Gordon JD, Denison MS, Chu AC, Chu MD, Matherly C, Kayama F, Clark GC. 2006. Proposed classification system for tier-1 screening of estrogenic EDC using the Lumi-Cell ER bioassay. Organohalogen Compounds 68:1273-1276.
- Zhao B, Bohonowych JE, Denison MS. 2006. Differential responsiveness of the Ah receptor dependent gene expression induced by HAHs and PAHs. Organohalogen Compounds 68:1745-1748.
- Clark GC, Orelien J, Gordon JD, Chu AC, Chu MD, Denison MS. 2005. Mathematical model predictions of GC/MS data for dioxin contaminated environmental samples using CALUX® by XDS. Organohalogen Compounds 67:50-53.
- Gordon JD, Chu AC, Chu MD, Matherly C, Denison MS, Grune G, Clark GC. 2005. Estrogenic potency of many popular suncreens and it's "non-active" components detected using the LUMI-cell" ER bioassay. Organohalogen Compounds 67:
- Peters AK, Nijmeijer S, Zhao B, Denison MS, Bergman A, Sanderson J, van den Berg M. 2005. Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) antagonize or inhibit TCDD induced CYP1A1 activity in various in vitro systems. Organohalogen Compounds 67:2290-2293.
- Bohonowych JE, Denison MS. 2004. Binding of 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibehzo-p-dioxin to the AhR from various species is essentially irreversible. Organohalogen Compounds 55:3291-3295.
- Brown DJ, Van Overmeire I, Goeyens L, Denison MS, De Vito MJ, Clark GC. 2004. Analysis of Ah receptor pathway activation by brominated flame retardants. Organohalogen Compounds 55(11):1509-1518. PMID:15099731
- Denison MS, Rogers WJ, Bohonowych JE, Zhao B, Dey A, Williams RS, Pollock DM, Stepp DW, Newman JW, Hammock BD, Imig JD. 2004. Promiscuous ligand-dependent activation of the Ah receptor: chemicals in crude extracts from commercial and consumer products bind to and activate the Ah receptor and Ah receptor-dependent gene expression. Organohalogen Compounds 66:2966-2971.
- Gordon JD, Chu AC, Chu MD, Denison MS, Clark GC. 2004. Detection of estrogen receptor endocrine disrupter potency of commonly used organochlorine pesticides using the LUMI-CELL ER" bioassay. Organohalogen Compounds 66:169-174.
- Hauser R, Williams PL, Altshul LM, Korrick SA, Peeples L, Patterson DG, Turner WE, Lee MM, Revich B, Zeilert V, Sergeyev O. 2004. Characterization and predictors of serum dioxin levels among adolescent boys in Chapaevsk, Russia. Organohalogen Compounds 66:3245-3251.
- Hennig B, Reiterer G, Toborek M, Daugherty A, Smart EJ, Matveev SV, Robertson LW. 2004. Dietary fat interacts with PCBs to induce changes in lipid metabolism in LDL receptor deficient mice. Organohalogen Compounds 66:2903-2906.
- Zhao B, Denison MS. 2004. Development and characterization of a green fluorescent protein-based rat cell bioassay system for detection of Ah receptor ligands. Organohalogen Compounds 66:3285-3290.
- Zhao B, Nagy SR, Rogers JM, Nantz MH, Kurth M, Springsteel M, Denison MS. 2004. Identification and analysis of novel flavonoid agonists and antagonists for the Ah and estrogen receptor. Organohalogen Compounds 66:2919-2924.
- Baston DS, Nagy SR, Nantz MH, Kurth M, Springsteel M, Denison MS. 2003. Identification of novel agonists and antagonists of the Ah receptor signal transduction pathway. Organohalogen Compounds 65:142-145.
- Denison MS, Han D, Heath-Pagliuso S, Scovill J, Meijer L, Skaltounis L, Gillam EM, Nagy SR. 2003. Activation of the Ah receptor and Ah receptor signal transduction pathway by tryptophan-derived agonists. Organohalogen Compounds 65:90-93.
- Gordon JD, Chu AC, Chu MD, Taylor CL, Denison MS, Clark GC. 2003. Validation of the LUMI-CELLTM ER recombinant bioassay for rapid evaluatin of chemicals for potential estrogenic activity. Organohalogen Compounds 65:78-81.
- Han D, Zhao B, Baston DS, Springsteel M, Kurth M, Nantz MH, Denison MS. 2003. Identification and characterization of novel flavone agonists of th Ah receptor. Organohalogen Compounds 65:126-129.
- Webster TF, Sherr DH. 2003. Types of AhREs and their Implications. Organohalogen Compounds 65:106-109.
- Zhao B, Nagy SR, Baston DS, Han D, Nantz MH, Kurth M, Springsteel M, Denison MS. 2003. Screening and analysis of novel naphthoflavone ligands for the Ah receptor. Organohalogen Compounds 65:102-105.
- Han D, Nagy SR, Denison MS. 2002. Recombinant cell lines for the detection of dioxins and Ah receptor ligands - not all assays are created equal. Organohalogen Compounds 58:421-424.
- Hennig B, Meerarani P, Toborek M, Daugherty A, Silverstone AE, Robertson LW. 2002. Proinflammatory properties of coplanar PCBs. Organohalogen Compounds 55:355-358.
- Khan EM, Denison MS. 2002. NF-kB is involved in cross-talk between Ah receptor and signal transduction pathways. Organohalogen Compounds 59:411-414.
- Korrick SA, Altshul LM, Revich B, Bobovnikova TS, Chernik G. 2002. Semen quality and serum organochlorine levels. Organohalogen Compounds 59:395-398.
- Machala M, Blaha L, Pliskova M, Vondracek J, Lehmler H, Malmberg T, Robertson LW. 2002. Comparison of relative toxic potencies of hydroxylated PCBs and quinones in hepatic and mammary cell lines. Organohalogen Compounds 56:25-28.
- Rea MA, Gregg JP, Rice RH. 2002. Expression profiling of TCDD-treated human epidermal cells in culture. Organohalogen Compounds 55:469-472.
- Sergeyev O, Revich B, Williams PL, Korrick SA, Zeilert V, Lee MM, Ushkova T, Saharov I, Altshul LM, Hauser R. 2002. A case-cohort study of cryptorchidism, hypospadias, and delayed sexual maturation in a dioxin contaminated region: Chapaevsk, Russia. Organohalogen Compounds 59:385-388.
- Tampal N, Robertson LW, Ludewig G. 2002. In vivo MDR1 transport studies with PCB 77. Organohalogen Compounds 55:457-459.
- Altshul LM, Tolbert PE, Korrick SA. 2001. Comparison of cord blood and maternal milk PCB, p,p'-DDE, and HCB levels between siblings and across six months of lactation. Organohalogen Compounds 52:277-281.
- Rogers JM, Denison MS. 2001. Analysis of the anti-estrogen effect of TCDD in human ovarian carcinoma (BG-1) cells. Organohalogen Compounds 53:5-9.
- Ziccardi MH, Gardner IA, Denison MS. 2001. Application of the luciferase recombinant cell culture bioassay for detection of dioxin-like activity of PAHs in the serum of wildlife. Organohalogen Compounds 54:73-76.
- Arrieta DE, Ontiveros C, Denison MS, Washburn BS. 2000. Ah receptor mediated effects of particulate organic extracts from the Paso Del Norte airshed along the U.S.-Mexico border. Organohalogen Compounds 45:212-215. PMID:12896850
- Bohonowych JE, Rogers JM, Jeuken A, Denison MS. 2000. Activation of Ah and estrogen receptor based cell bioassay systems by extracts of natural dietary herbal supplements. Organohalogen Compounds 45:240-243.
- Heath-Pagliuso S, Mui R, Milici A, Giese S, Chin R, Denison MS. 2000. Tryptophan metabolites, indole-3-pyruvic acid, DL-3-indolelactic acid, L-kynurenine, and kynurenic acid activate Ah receptor signal transduction. Organohalogen Compounds 49:289-292.
- Lee J, Safe SH. 2000. Interactions of resveratrol and TCDD in human breast cancer cells. Organohalogen Compounds 49:277-280.
- Nagy SR, Lui G, Lam KS, Denison MS. 2000. A green fluorescent protein based recombinant cell bioassay for the detection of activators of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor: application for screening of a 1,5-dialkylamino-2,4-dinitrobenzene combinatorial chemical library. Organohalogen Compounds 45:232-235.
- Rogers JM, Denison MS. 2000. Application of a human ovarian cell bioassay for the detection and analysis of estrogen-toxicant interaction. Organohalogen Compounds 49:338-341.
- Sergeyev O, Zeilert V, Revich B, Ushkova T, Williams PL, Korrick SA, Lee MM, Altshul LM, Adibi J, Hauser R. 2000. Sexual and physical maturation of male adolescents in a dioxin contaminated region: Chapaevsk, Russia. Organohalogen Compounds 48:211-214.
- Shan G, Sanborn JR, Gilman DS, Nagy SR, Gee SJ, Stoutamire DW, Mercer RS, Jones AD, Stanker LH, Denison MS, Hammock BD. 2000. Surrogates for dioxin analyses: analytical, ELISA and toxicological aspects. Organohalogen Compounds 45:188-191.
- Altshul LM, Korrick SA, Tolbert PE, Monson RR. 1999. Cord blood levels of PCBs, p,p'-DDE and HCB in infants born in communities adjacent to a PCB-contaminated hazardous waste site. Organohalogen Compounds 4:67-70.
- Denison MS, Seidel SD, Ziccardi MH, Rogers WJ, Brown DJ, Clark GC. 1999. Ah receptor-based bioassays for dioxins and related chemicals: applications and limitations. Organohalogen Compounds 40:27-30.
- Ramamoorthy K, McDougal A, Safe SH. 1999. Structure-Ah receptor agonist/binding activity relationships of various chlorine-substituted diindolylmethane compounds. Organohalogen Compounds 42:363-367.
- Safe SH. 1999. Endocrine disruptors and human health - an update. Organohalogen Compounds 42:15-18.
- de Boer J, Robertson LW, Dettmer F, Wichmann H, Bahadir M. 1998. Polybrominated diphenyl- ethers in human adipose tissue and relation with watching television - a case study. Organohalogen Compounds 35:407-410.
- Gupta MS, Ramamoorthy K, Safe SH. 1998. Antiestrogenic activity of 3,3',4,4'-tetrachlorobiphenyl and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl in T47D human breast cancer cells. Organohalogen Compounds 37:297-300.
- Ludewig G, Srinivasan A, Espandiari P, Robertson LW. 1998. Generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and genotoxicity by metabolites of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Organohalogen Compounds 37:143-146.
- McLean MR, Twaroski TP, Robertson LW. 1998. A new mechanism of toxicity for polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs): Redox cycling and superoxide generation. Organohalogen Compounds 37:59-62.
- Ramamoorthy K, Navo M, Gupta MS, Safe SH. 1998. AhR-mediated antiestrogenicity of diindolylmethane and analogs in vivo and in vitro. Organohalogen Compounds 37:321-324.
- Arcaro KF, Gierthy JF, Yang Y, Robertson LW, Oakley GG, Vakharia D. 1997. Position of hydroxyl group influences PCB estrogenicity and antiestrogenicity. Organohalogen Compounds 34:386-390.
- Clement BG, Donnelly KC, Ake, Jr., Garcia S, Chen I, Willett KL, Safe SH, Shalat SL. 1997. Chemical and bioassay analysis of water and soil extracts from South Texas. Organohalogen Compounds 32:216-219.
- Ramamoorthy K, Safe SH. 1997. The antiestrogenic activity of 3,3',4,4'-tetrachlorobiphenyl in the immature mouse uterus. Organohalogen Compounds 34:334-337.
- Willett KL, Safe SH. 1997. Hydroxylated polychlorinated biphenyls identified in human serum as inducers and inhibitors of EROD activity in the H4IIE cell bioassay. Organohalogen Compounds 34:172-177.
- Zacharewski TR, Sutter TR, Safe SH, Greenlee WF, Connolly RB. 1997. Concerns with the use of a toxic equivalency factor (TEF) approach for risk assessment of "dioxin-like" compounds. Organohalogen Compounds 34:91-94.
- Ziccardi MH, Rogers WJ, Schecter AJ, Papke O, Denison MS. 1997. Direct detection of dioxins and related chemicals in small quantities of human serum using a recombinant cell bioassay. Organohalogen Compounds 31:215-218.
- Alonso KR, Peden MM, Henshel D, Dickerson RL. 1996. In ovo exposure to 2,3,7,8-TCDD results in delayed reproductive maturation in the domestic chicken. Organohalogen Compounds 29:195-199.
- Connor K, Ramamoorthy K, Safe SH. 1996. The effects of hydroxylated polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) on the immature rat and mouse uterus. Organohalogen Compounds 29:312-315.
- Denison MS, Rogers WJ, Fair M, Ziccardi MH, Clark GC, Murk AJ, Brouwer A. 1996. Applications of the CALUX bioassay system for the detection of dioxin-like chemicals (Ah receptor ligands) in whole serum samples in extracts from commercial and consumer products. Organohalogen Compounds 27:280-284.
- Peden MM, Alonso KR, Godard C, Skipper SL, Dickerson RL. 1996. 2,3,7,8-TCDD effects on immune function and mixed-function oxidase activity in the domestic chicken: Egg injection and in ovo studies. Organohalogen Compounds 29:262-267.
- Rummel KT, Akins JM, Dickerson RL, Hooper MJ. 1996. Porphyrin profile alterations from subchronic 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin exposure in non-traditional laboratory species. Organohalogen Compounds 29:257-261.
- Seegal R. 1996. Neurochemical effects of PCBs: limitations in extrapolation of in vitro effects to whole animals. Organohalogen Compounds 29:137-142.
- Bowes RC, Ramos KS. 1995. Renal mesangial cell proliferation is enhanced by sequential challenge with benzo(a)pyrene and 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Organohalogen Compounds 25:253-258.
- Connor K, Harper N, Safe SH. 1995. Toxic equivalency factors for mono- and diortho-substituted PCB congeners in B6C3F1 mice. Organohalogen Compounds 25:319-322.
- Connor K, Safe SH. 1995. Development and validation of toxic equivalency factors (TEFs) for PCBs in female Sprague-Dawley rats. Organohalogen Compounds 25:323-326.
- Madhukar BV. 1995. Implication of growth factor and growth factor receptor modulation in dioxin toxicity. Organohalogen Compounds 25:377-380.
- Safe SH. 1995. Human dietary intake of aryl hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor agonists: mass balance estimates of exodioxins and endodioxins and implications for health assessment. Organohalogen Compounds 26:7-13.
- Seegal R. 1995. Neurochemical effects of PCBs are structure and recipient age-dependent. Organohalogen Compounds 25:425-430.