Superfund Research Program
Project Leader: Ana Navas-Acien
Co-Investigators: Joseph H. Graziano, Alexander F. van Geen
Grant Number: P42ES010349
Funding Period: 2000-2021
Project Summary (2017-2021)
The Administrative Core functions as the chief administrative unit of the Columbia University Superfund Research Program (CU SRP) Center. In this capacity, the Administrative Core is responsible for the supervision, coordination guidance and financial accountability of the entire CU SRP Center. The goals of the core are:
- To provide leadership and facilitate interaction and communication among investigators
- To foster interaction among research projects, research support cores, the Research Translation Core, the Community Engagement Core, and the Training Core; and to facilitate the dissemination of information across these units and to the outside world
- To provide fiscal management and planning
- To coordinate SRP activities including seminars, retreats, symposia, and preparation of annual progress reports
- To coordinate the reviews of their SRP activities by the Internal and External Advisory Boards
- To supervise the utilization of the Research Support Core Laboratories
The Administrative Core handles all financial aspects of the CU SRP and its component research projects and cores. The Core and the CU SRP at large have been very fortunate to be strongly supported by Institutional Support from the Mailman School of Public Health (MSPH) and from the Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO), a component of the Earth Institute at Columbia.
The Director and Associate Director work with investigators to develop new projects. In the past, some of this pilot work has developed into independent RO1 grant support for ancillary projects that contribute to the overall mission of the NIEHS SRP program. These types of projects have enabled their program to be exponentially greater than the sum of its parts.