Superfund Research Program
Program Coordination / Administration
Project Summary (2006-2011)
The goal of the Administration Core is to provide a centralized staff to unify the research program under the Program Director and Deputy Director's guidance and facilitate the coordination of the research projects to fulfill the research goals of the grant.
Specifically, this Core is:
- Assisting the Program Director in planning and coordinating research activities
- Integrating cross-disciplinary research
- Overseeing fiscal and resources management and ensuring that all agency and university guidelines are met
- Maintaining ongoing communication with NIEHS, EPA and other Superfund Research Programs
- Organizing an Annual Meeting of all investigators, guest scientists and the advisory boards
- Coordinating reviews by the internal and external advisory boards
- Assisting in the organization of national and international meetings related to the Superfund research Program
- Producing all progress reports, manuscripts and other written documents related to the program in a timely manner
- Setting up and maintaining databases of publications, trainees, personnel, investigator addresses, and equipment inventory
- Providing day-to-day administrative assistance to the Director, Deputy Director and Business Manager.